Week 3: Schooling in smart security
The future is smart, and smart security is making the way we live easier. The rise of automated homes means this week we’ll be looking at the latest security gadgets available to protect your home. From Smart Door Locks to Smart Home Alarms, CCTV kits and IP Cameras, we’ve got it covered!
- No more lost keys! Consider a smart lock that gives you secure access via PIN code, key card, key-tag, remote fob, or smartphone.You can even keep track of who comes and goes through your front door when the lock is connected to a smart hub system.
- Get instant alerts from your smart home alarm. These can now send notifications, emails and even images to your smartphone when triggered by motion.
- CCTV systems and IP Cameras allow remote viewing of your property from any location using a smartphone app. Recorded footage can also be saved on a computer and used as police evidence in the event of a break-in.
- Invest in a Digital Door Viewer to see who is at your door before opening it, and significantly reduce your chances of falling victim to a distraction burglary.
- Use automatic timer-switches to turn lights and radios on or off when you’re out to make your property appear occupied.